Social Media/Communications Manager
About 340B Health
340B Health is an organization of more than 1,300 public and private non-profit hospitals and health systems that participate in the federal 340B drug pricing program. 340B Health’s mission is to be the leading advocate and resource for providers that serve their communities through participation in the program.
About the position
340B Health has an immediate opening for a Social Media Expert/Communications Manager at our growing non-profit health care trade association. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Communications. This position is central to the daily communications efforts of the organization and will take the lead on growing our social media impact and engagement
- Drive the association’s social media advocacy messaging and campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media platforms and grow engagement
- Research and introduce new social and other new media tools and processes to the organization
- Coordinate production of the association’s electronic newsletters and email broadcasts
- Assist in communications planning, outreach, research and writing
- Manage member online community and grow engagement
- Gather and distribute daily news and relevant social media postings digest to staff
- Provide support for association conferences and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- At least three years of quantifiable social media engagement and strategy experience
- At least five years of professional experience working in a trade association, advocacy organization or news outlet setting
- A passion for and experience with social media messaging and campaigns
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of Higher Logic community platform helpful
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks on deadline
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Sense of humor required
Limited travel required but must attend our annual national conference in California.
Pay is commensurate with experience. 340B Health provides exceptional benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, transit benefit, 401K plan, casual dress code, and generous leave time.
More information about 340B Health can be found at www.340BHealth.org. Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to resumes@340BHealth.org or fax them to the Administrator at 202-552-5868. Please state the starting date of your availability, your salary requirements, and how you learned about this position. No phone calls please.
340B Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.