Matthew J. Perry (Secretary)
President and Chief Executive Officer
Genesis HealthCare System
Matt, a native of New Jersey, earned a Master’s in Business Administration at Radford University in Radford, VA. Upon completion of his degree, he began his healthcare career with Carilion Health System in Roanoke, VA.
Since 1988, Matt has served in multiple management and administrative roles. He started as the CEO for Genesis HealthCare in October, 2007. Genesis is an integrated Health System comprised of a large multi-specialty physician group, one hospital, a pharmacy company with seven locations, a regional ambulance company, multiple outpatient centers and several joint ventures. Under his leadership at Genesis, he and his team have brought many positive changes to the Genesis HealthCare System. Some include:
- Implemented the EPIC (Electronic Medical Record) throughout the Genesis System
- Started a Level III Trauma Program
- Opened Genesis Cancer Care Center – Accredited by (CoC), (ACoS), and (ACRO) and recently accredited with commendations by the National Accreditation program for Breast Cancers.
- Recruited over 130 physicians to the area since 2008.
- In March of 2011, Genesis received the 2011 Thomson & Reuters 100 Top Hospital winner in the Large Community Hospital Division.
- Genesis also received the Community Value 100 Hospital Award from the Cleverley and Associates – this awards hospitals for the overall Value of services provided to the community as measured by clinical quality, reinvestment in the community, cost of care, and pricing of services.
- In 2012 and 2013, Genesis received the Excellence in Engagement Award from the Healthcare Advisory Board Company (One in twenty recipients)
- Designed, financed, constructed new Genesis Hospital – opened June25, 2018
- Information Technology Awards including – Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018; Top 10 IT Department 2011 & 2012 – Healthcare IT News; 2013 Healthcare’s Most Wired Most Improved; Top 10 best hospital IT department by IT News
- Genesis Hospital was recently awarded an A grade in 2018 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, which is a national recognition distinction that places Genesis Hospital among the safest in the United States.
Matt is a past recipient of the distinguished American College of HealthCare Executive’s Early Career HealthCare Executive Regent’s Award. Matt serves on numerous local committees, past board member of Muskingum Recreation Center and current member of the Muskingum County Chamber of Commerce and Ohio Hospital Association.