Contribute to the Alliance to Protect 340B
Dear 340B Health Member,
By belonging to 340B Health, your hospital or health system already plays a crucial role in safeguarding the 340B drug pricing program. We need your help to ensure continued success in this advocacy effort. That’s why we are asking you to join the Alliance to Protect 340B.
The Alliance to Protect 340B is a special 340B Health advocacy initiative dedicated to ensuring that 340B continues to help your hospital or health system provide needed care to patients living with low incomes and those in rural areas. Since this initiative began, hundreds of hospitals have contributed. We need you to help us meet our important goal of doubling participation in the Alliance this year.
340B hospitals and their patients continue to face major threats. Deep Medicare payment cuts to many 340B hospitals have continued into 2019 as a pending legal challenge to the reductions makes its way through the federal courts. Several lawmakers on Capitol Hill and in some statehouses once again have started introducing legislation that would limit the scope of the 340B program, restrict hospital eligibility, or subject hospitals to burdensome and misguided reporting requirements. Meanwhile, the prescription drug industry continues to deflect their responsibility for high and rising drug prices by attempting to point a finger of blame at 340B, hoping policymakers will shift their focus from outrageous prices set by Pharma.
Answering The Call
Membership dues go a long way toward supporting the continued protection of the 340B program. But we need additional support to cover the full costs of the intensive and sustained advocacy campaign that is necessary to counter the challenges to 340B. Thanks to Alliance members’ support, we have:
- Engaged influential advocates like former House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), and Rodney Whitlock, a long-time health policy advisor to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)
- Placed hundreds of opinion pieces and earned media stories showcasing the crucial value of 340B to patients, hospitals, and communities
- Sponsored rigorous, original research demonstrating the unique role that 340B hospitals play in serving the patient populations that need our help the most
- Produced compelling multimedia testimonials of patients who have been helped by 340B and health professionals who have helped them obtain access to the vital care they needed
- Created persuasive educational materials to explain the virtues of 340B to policymakers
Please join the Alliance to Protect 340B and help us answer the call to maintain this program in the face of real challenges. To learn more about the role of the Alliance in protecting 340B, contact me at 202-552-5860, or for questions specific to the contribution process, Shane Kelley at email@example.com or 202-552-5864. We look forward to working with you on this critical endeavor.
|Census Bed||Contribution Level|