Contribute to the Alliance to Protect 340B
Dear 340B Health Member,
Your hospital or health system plays an important role in protecting the 340B drug pricing program through your membership in 340B Health. But unprecedented challenges to the program require more robust advocacy efforts than our membership dues can support. That is why we are asking you to join the Alliance to Protect 340B.
The Alliance to Protect 340B is a special 340B Health advocacy initiative dedicated to ensuring that 340B stays safe from attempts to reduce or eliminate program discounts. By doing so, we can continue to ensure that your hospital or health system can serve your patients in need, especially those living with low incomes. Hundreds of hospitals already have contributed to funding the Alliance, and we are asking you to join them.
The 340B drug pricing program – and the hospitals and patients who rely on it – face a series of significant challenges that require our strong response. Pharmaceutical companies’ unilateral restrictions on hospital access to 340B pricing are worsening, leading to deep financial losses for our members and harm to patient care. Pharmacy benefit managers and insurers continue pursuing discriminatory payment policies against hospitals that are intended to strip away the benefit of 340B and redirect it to for-profit companies. 340B is facing increasing amounts of inaccurate criticism that it leads in higher health care costs and greater inequities in the health care system.
Our Alliance Response
These challenges require additional support beyond membership dues that can help fund the full costs of a comprehensive advocacy campaign to protect 340B. Thanks to Alliance members’ support, we have:
- Mobilized bipartisan support from members of Congress for legislation and other efforts to protect 340B
- Launched major advertising campaigns urging more policymaker support for 340B hospitals
- Recruited new 340B champions on Capitol Hill
- Secured the enactment of a federal law to safeguard hospitals from pandemic-related loss of 340B eligibility
- Commissioned research and supported research grants to demonstrate how 340B improves patient health
- Maintained an award-winning podcast about 340B that reaches more than 1,000 listeners per month
- Placed news, opinion, and educational articles that promote the important work of 340B hospitals
Please join the Alliance to Protect 340B today so together we can meet the challenges that the program faces. To learn more about the role the Alliance plays in protecting 340B, contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-552-5860). For questions about how to contribute to the Alliance, contact Shane Kelley (email@example.com or 202-552-5864). We very much appreciate your support on this crucial initiative.
President and Chief Executive Officer
|Census Bed||Contribution Level|